Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Sewing Project of the New Year

I hadn't sewn anything for over a year. I had sewer's block (like writer's block). I even bought a dress kit from another etsy seller to get myself to sew again last August. I felt that perhaps if the fabric was already cut out for me, I could just start sewing. Well, the dress kit arrived and I let it sit on my sewing table for months until I got inspired to sew again.

I was spurred on to sew something for my daughter to wear on Valentine's Day. It was already February 13 at 10 PM. I only had a few hours before going to bed to make it ready for her to wear to school the next day. Sometimes inspiration comes at night.

I went to my sewing room and dusted off my envelope containing the dress kit. I looked at the instructions again and felt I could finish in within a couple of hours. The dress turned out super cute. Since Valentine's Day was a cold, windy day, I had my daughter wear it over jeans. It works great as a standalone dress or as a long blouse over pants. As she grows taller, she can still wear it as a blouse. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca,
    I'm happy to see you back sewing and making fabulous crocheted creations.

    ReplyDelete